跨年遊行
It was another eventful day today. After lunch, I went down to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall (孫中山紀念堂) to tour the place as I had never been there before. To my pleasant surprise, there was a big crowd there. It turned out that a Chingay-sort of parade was to be held that afternoon to farewell the old year and usher in the new year. There was a great carnival atmosphere, with huge balloons, loud music, huggable mascots, enthusiastic cheerleaders, and more. I had a whale of time taking pictures.
I later spent the evening at a friend's place, where a barbeque was being planned. The food was excellent because those who did the cooking controlled the fire well. :) I made a lot of new friends at the gathering, and also downed a number of shots of Kaoliang (高梁), which kept me warm and also made me a bit tipsy. :)








2 Comments:
sys was interesting. did u stay for the hourly guard-change procession (indoors)?
but the national memorial hall was totally QUIET and lifeless!
I didn't stay for the change of guard, because soon after I arrived at the SYS Memorial Hall, the parade outside began and I decided to watch that instead.
I've not yet been inside the other memorial hall :)
Post a Comment
<< Home